Hotels, Things to do, Places to visit, Restaurants, Attractions, Car Rental in Sukkur
Sukkur is a city in the Pakistani province of Sindh along the western bank of the Indus River, directly across from the historic city of Rohri. Sukkur is the third-largest city in Sindh after Karachi and Hyderabad, and the 14th largest city in Pakistan by population. New Sukkur was established during the British era alongside the village of Sukkur. Sukkur's hill, along with the hill on the river island of Bukkur, forms what is sometimes considered the "Gate of Sindh".
Sukkur is recognized all over the world for its dates. Sukkur also has a big riverine forest along the Indus River. These tropical woodlands may be found on either side of the Indus within the protective embankments. The Sukkur Barrage, the world's biggest single irrigation network of its type, is the pride of Pakistan's irrigation system. It irrigates practically the whole province, from the Sukkur district in the north to the Tharparkar or Mirpurkhas and Hyderabad districts in the south.
Sukkur was once known as Aror or Bakhar but was subsequently renamed Sukkur, which means supremacy in Sindhi. Sukkur's cultural sites and bazaars demonstrate the city's rich Sindhi culture, and they are among the city's most popular attractions. The Mir Mam sum shah Minaret is one of numerous medieval tombs and mosques in the old town. No doubt, the city is home to a diverse population. Several ethnic communities live side by side and cherish multicultural diversity. People passionately celebrate all cultural and religious events. People are kind, and tourists and visitors are treated with respect, with an additional discount on purchases.
Sindhi, Seraiki, and Balochi are the three main indigenous languages. Other languages have been widely spoken in urban areas as a result of the immigration of different ethnic groups from India after 1947. Urdu is by far the most popular, followed by Punjabi, Rajasthani, and Gujarati. Urdu, the country's official language, as well as Sindhi, are taught in the province's schools. The majority of the people in the province are Muslims. Around 70% of the population speaks Sindhi as their first language, while 20% speak Urdu as their first language. Approximately 96 percent of the city is Muslim, while the remaining 4% is made up of ethnic minorities, the majority of them are Hindus.
People enjoy the taste of traditional foods like chicken lacha and haleem on the popular food lane near Ghanta Ghar. Throughout the country, traditional luddi dance accompanied by ho-jamalo music is well-known. Sukkur is known for its embroidery and handicrafts. Sukkur's center bazaar is brimming with various items, including Aplic work gowns and Khai's, traditional Sindhi Ajarak, and Chaddars. The city is so well-designed that people can’t stop exploring and roaming around the magnificence of civilization.