Hotels, Things to do, Places to visit, Restaurants, Attractions, Car Rental in Rawalpindi
Rawalpindi, colloquially known as "Pindi". This city is located in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is the fourth-largest city in Pakistan, while the larger Islamabad-Rawalpindi metropolitan area is the country's third-largest metropolitan area. Rawalpindi is adjacent to Pakistan's capital.
Rawalpindi is a major industrial, commercial, and administrative hub. Its industries include gasworks, sawmills, locomotive works, an oil refinery, an iron foundry, hosiery, cotton, brewery, and textile mills. It also manufactures shoes, pottery, leather products, tents, and newspapers. Rawalpindi serves as a key logistical and transportation hub for Pakistan's northwestern region. Historic Havelis and shrines may also be found in the city, which acts as a center for travelers visiting Azad Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan, Rohtas Fort, and Taxila.
Rawalpindi is a very old and important city in Pakistan that is rich in history, has a big land area, and is a source of economic power for the country. The city has a diversified culture and way of life. People from all walks of life live in the same city, including the wealthy and educated as well as the poor and uneducated. The Manufacturers and enterprises, as well as agricultural institutes (ABAD), provide a significant economic advantage to the nation.
Rawalpindi is strategically significant for the country since it houses the country's military headquarters. Rawalpindi inhabitants are typically kind and well-educated. They like eating a wide variety of cuisines, with Indian cuisine being the most popular. 94 percent of the population is Muslim, with the majority comprising Sunnis and Shiites.
However, 90% of the population speaks Punjabi in various dialects, with the remaining 10% speaking other languages such as English, Urdu, and Pashto. Clothing varies from area to area and the weather. Boys often wear suits, shalwar kameez, and pants shirts. While females typically wear pants, tops, and salwar kameez. For both ladies and gents, there are several shops and branded items to choose from.
In the city's deepest areas, there are several mosques and historic temples dating back to the pre-partition era. Shia darbars and Imam Bargas have also been constructed. The culture is very diverse since there are residents who have lived in the city for generations, as well as a big number of military families that live mostly in the cantonment region and come from many cities and villages.