Before Pakistan was made, the abandoned monastic complex at Tilla Jogian was a place where both Hindus and Sikhs went to pray. This historical site is about 25 kilometers from the city of Jhelum. It was built in the 1st century BC. Tilla Jogian is an old place that has been a holy place for the Hindu religion for the past two thousand years. After 1947, it is no longer used because the subcontinent was partitioned into two countries at that time. In the first century B.C., construction began on a large complex that includes a number of ancient temples as well as other monastery buildings. It is located 26 kilometers to the west of the Jhelum city proper.